NDNB offers the following SOC 2 services – and other regulatory compliance solutions – for businesses located in the Raleigh Durham and Charlotte, N.C. locations:
1. SOC 2 Scoping & Readiness Assessments: Getting off on the right foot – as the old saying goes – is critically important for SOC 2 compliance, and it’s why every business should perform a SOC 2 scoping & readiness assessment. No, it’s not just another added cost to the SOC 2 engagement – rather – it’s an incredibly important step for ensuring both you and your auditor are keenly aware of critical issues for the assessment, such as the following: scope considerations, documentation deficiencies, technical, security and operational challenges, and much more. When properly performed, a SOC 2 scoping & readiness assessment yields significant findings and valuable insight into a service organization’s internal control environment, which is exactly why we recommend them.
2. SOC 2 Type 1 Audits: NDNB offers SOC 2 Type 1 audits – assessments that are performed, and reported on, for a specific date, such as August 31, 20xx. While the benchmark for compliance is somewhat lower when compared to its reporting sibling – Type 2 audits – service organizations nevertheless need to have a baseline of internal controls in place, one complete with documented procedures and processes. As for testing the internal controls, that comes later with a SOC 2 Type 2 audit. Service organizations in North Carolina new to SOC 2 reporting are best served by beginning with a SOC 2 Type 1 audit in the first year, then moving forward in subsequent periods with a SOC 2 Type 2 audit.
3. SOC 2 Type 2 Audits: Many North Carolina businesses new to SOC 2 compliance often start out by performing a SOC 2 Type 1 assessment, thereby “graduating” to a SOC 2 Type 2 audit every year thereafter. Some businesses in fact go directly towards SOC 2 Type 2 audits, bypassing the Type 1 assessments, due largely do client demands for regulatory compliance reporting. NDNB can assist in helping North Carolina service organizations get ready for both SOC 2 Type 1 and SOC 2 Type 2 audits, offering a wide-range of services and solutions, such as SOC 2 scoping & readiness assessments, procedures writing, and much more. Again, if you’re new to the world of SOC 2 compliance, then the logical step is to begin with a Type 1 assessment, then moving forward with annual Type 2 assessments in subsequent years.
4. Remediation Solutions: Every business will undoubtedly have some time of remediation to perform on their control environment – how much – that depends on the overall maturity of an organization’s internal controls. Some businesses have marginal remediation to perform, but others have meaningful amounts of work to do. You simply don’t know the answers until you’ve thoroughly examined one’s internal control environment, hence the reason for a SOC 2 scoping & readiness assessment by NDNB. Knowing that control deficiencies exist, how to prioritize and correct such issues, and more, is an important element of the SOC 2 auditing process.
5. Continuous Monitoring Activities: While the actual SOC 2 assessment is an important component of one’s internal control activities, the real validity of an organization’s daily I.T. and operational procedures and processes happens when the auditors are gone. Specifically, businesses need to take the time and effort in assessing, monitoring, and correcting – if necessary – their own internal controls, which begins by putting in place “continuous monitoring” initiatives. NDNB offers all the essential forms and checklists for institutionalizing such monitoring activities, so contact us today to get started.
6. PCI DSS Compliance: One of the largest – and most-time consuming mandates – facing North Carolina businesses is that of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) requirements. Specifically, both merchants and service providers all throughout North Carolina are having to spend considerable time and efforts in becoming PCI DSS compliant.
7. Why Choose NDNB: We’ve been a household name in the Carolinas for years, offering high-quality, fixed-fee assessments for a wide-range of regulatory compliance services. Whatever your compliance mandates are – SSAE 16 SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, and more – we’re ready to roll up our sleeves and help you every step of the way. We offer numerous support services, ranging from scoping & readiness assessments to reporting issuance
– and more – all geared for ensuring an efficient and cost-effective auditing process from day one. Compliance isn’t fun, we get it, luckily, NDNB can make it an easy pill to swallow.
8. Next Steps: Whatever your growing regulatory compliance needs are – SSAE 16 SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 compliance, and more – NDNB Is here to help businesses in North Carolina become compliant – quickly, comprehensively, and cost-effectively. We offer a wide variety of services for helping businesses throughout all phases of regulatory compliance, from scoping & readiness assessment to the actual audits, and much more. Look at NDNB as your one-stop shop for everything related to compliance. If it has to do with any number of the alphabet soup compliance mandates in today’s world, NDNB has North Carolina businesses covered.
SOC 2 Compliance Audits & Reports North Carolina | Raleigh & Charlotte, NC
When it comes to professional compliance services from a trusted firm with deep roots in North Carolina, turn to the experts at NDNB, providers of the following services:
We’re the total provider of regulatory compliance services for North Carolina businesses, so contact us today to discuss your needs. NDNB offers fixed fees and superior services, so let’s talk today.