NDNBis Atlanta’s leading provider of SOC 2 services & assessments, having performed hundreds of audits throughout the state of Georgia and other select regions throughout North America. With dramatic shifts in the nation’s economy – much of it digitally driven now – regulatory compliance audits, such as SOC 2, are being required by many Atlanta, GA businesses. NDNB offers SOC 2 services for businesses using Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google GCP.
Hosting in Amazon AWS and Need a SOC 2 Audit? Let's Talk.
With years of knowledge and expertise performing SOC 2 compliance audits, NDNB offers the following services – and tips – for ensuring a successful assessment process for Georgia service organizations:
7 Important Things to Know About SOC 2 Audits
1. Begin with a SOC 2 Readiness Assessment. It’s fundamentally important to assess internal controls before the SOC 2 audit, and it’s why a readiness assessment is crucial for any Atlanta service organization that’s serious about today’s growing compliance mandates. It’s about identifying all gaps and other problem areas within one’s control environment for ensuring you not only correct them from a best practice perspective, but also for obtaining satisfactory audit findings during the SOC 2 assessment process.
3. Asset Inventory. For any type of regulatory compliance audit – along with information security best practices – having a complete listing of your information systems is absolutely critical. From network devices to servers and other I.T. assets, you’ll want know exactly the systems you have within your enterprise-wide architecture, as auditors often ask for such a list when it comes to assessing population and sampling for the actual SOC 2 audit. While you may have a general idea of what systems you have, can you confidently point to an asset inventory that’s current and accurate? If not, it’s time to develop one.
4. SOC 2 Policy Remediation. One of the more demanding and tedious tasks of SOC 2 compliance for Atlanta businesses is developing all the necessary information security policies and procedures required for the audit itself. Not only are auditors on the lookout for policy documentation, it also makes sense from a best practice to develop such material for ensuring employees are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
5. SOC 2 I.T. & Security Infrastructure Remediation. Writing policy documents – while often tedious and a large part of SOC 2 remediation – is often not enough, it may require undertaking system configuration changes and enhancements to various systems. For examples, firewalls and routers may require stronger configuration rules, password complexity settings may need to be enhanced – just a few examples of I.T. remediation activities for which businesses may have to undertake for SOC 2 compliance. NDNB provides both policy templates and industry leading system configuration checklists for helping complete one’s remediation efforts quickly.
6. Assess Scope and Identify the Proper TSPs. It’s important to understand exactly what the scope of your SOC 2 audit encompasses – the entire organization or just a sub-category. Second, with five (5) Trust Services Criteria (TSPs) available – Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Privacy – determining which of the TSPs to include is a critical issue, one that could largely determine audit pricing, duration, and overall assessment complexity. To gain a greater understanding of critical SOC 2 scoping issues, contact CPA Christopher Nickell at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706 today.
7. Know that Compliance is here to stay. That’s right, with emerging cybersecurity threats and challenges that seem to bet bigger every year, there’s simply no end in sight when it comes to SOC 2 compliance. With that said, now’s the time to find and retain the services of a well-known, proven and trusted CPA firm with years of technology and audit expertise in Atlanta, GA, and that’s NDNB. With fixed fee assessments, along with numerous supporting tools, compliance just became that much easier.
Auditing Expertise and Fixed Fee Pricing – That’s NDNB!
From SOC 2 readiness assessments to fixed-fee pricing for SOC 2 Type 1 and SOC 2 Type 2 audits, NDNB is Atlanta’s leading regulatory compliance firm. We cut our teeth on compliance years ago with the historical SAS 70 auditing standard, and along the way, have developed an incredibly efficient, cost-effective, and high-quality auditing process from beginning to end.