SOC 2 Compliance Audits & Reports Orange County | Los Angeles | California
As a nationally recognized IR CPA firm, NDNB offers the following SOC 2 services and solutions for businesses located in Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego, and all other locations throughout Southern California:
1. SOC 2 Scoping & Readiness Assessments: For businesses new to regulatory compliance, particularly when it comes to SSAE 16 SOC 1 and SOC 2 compliance, it’s best to start with an actual scoping & readiness assessment. Understanding your environment – the related policies, procedures and processes that comprise your core internal controls – is the essential deliverable of NDNB’s scoping & readiness assessment. Understanding your gaps and deficiencies – and what steps to take for correcting such issues – is the very first place to start when it comes to SOC 2 compliance for California service organizations, so contact CPA Chris Nickell at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706, to learn more.
2. Remediation Services: While information security policies and procedures writing can be a time-consuming task, you may also find yourself implementing numerous technical, operational, and I.T. changes. From changing server settings to re-configuring rulesets, enhancing password parameters – and more – you may have your work cut out for you. NDNB can assist in implementing all necessary changes, as we have experienced staff and helpful tools and solutions ready for immediate use. Specifically, our seasoned auditors and I.T. staff have ample knowledge of system configuration settings for all major platforms.
3. Policy and Procedure Writing: What’s one of the biggest, most challenging, and time-consuming mandates for SOC 2 compliance? It’s putting in place all the necessary information security policies and procedures. That’s right, in today’s world of compliance rulings and legislative edicts, policies and procedures are a big – and growing part – of successfully completing any type of regulatory assessment. Luckily, NDNB offers a comprehensive SOC 2 Policy Packet – free to all of our valued clients – for helping develop all required documents. When it comes to saving hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars on policy creation materials, NDNB has you covered with our SOC 2 Policy Packet.
4. Technical Implementation of Internal Controls: While policies and procedures are absolutely critical for SOC 2 compliance, many of the gaps and deficiencies found during the scoping & readiness assessment require comprehensive technical measures. More specifically, it’s about re-configuring firewalls, enhancing server security and hardening practices, creating stronger access controls, and much more. You’ll need assistance with such measures, and we can help, offering expert guidance, support, and technical documents for ensuring all security/technical remediation is highly successful. It’s just another reason why businesses all throughout North America are turning to NDNB for today’s demanding and complex compliance mandates.
5. SOC 2 Type 1 Assessments: Type 1 audits are reports issued for a specific date in time, such as December 31, 20xx. As such, SOC 2 Type 1 assessments are essentially a stepping-stone to the much more involved SOC 2 Type 2 auditing process. Because of this, SOC 2 Type 1 assessments give organizations time to build out their relevant policies, procedures, and processes, ultimately laying the groundwork for testing their internal controls during the SOC 2 Type 2 auditing process, which tests the “operating effectiveness” of one’s internal control environment. NDNB offers SOC 2 Type 1 and SOC 2 Type 2 audits at fixed-fees.
6. SOC 2 Type 2 Assessments: While SOC 2 Type 1 assessments are the perfect starting point for many of today’s compliance mandates, SOC 2 Type 2 compliance is ultimately the assessment for which service organizations will need to be performing. That’s because Type 2 assessments – unlike SOC 2 Type 1 assessments – test the operating effectiveness of your internal controls, ultimately making it a much more comprehensive audit. As such, Type 2 audits are generally much more demanding and time-consuming than SOC 2 Type 1 assessments, so keep this in mind. Please contact CPA Chris Nickell at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706, to learn more about NDNB’s SOC 2 services for Southern California businesses.
7. Other Services: We also provide SSAE 16 SOC 1 compliance, PCI DSS reporting, HIPAA consulting, FISMA, DFARS, ISO 27000, and much more.